Quotation Specialist or Application Sales Engineer
Grand Haven, Michigan
Engineering Assistant Support:
POSITION TITLE: ENGINEERING ASSISTANT SUPPORT (Part Time – up to 30 hours)
REPORTS TO: Engineering Operations Manager
It is the function of the Engineering Assistant Support to coordinate technical, engineering and clerical duties within the engineering department for optimal use of engineering time. This is a liaison position between the engineering department and other internal departments. Accuracy and timeliness are key to this position.
1. Assist in prototype shop print and bill of material creation and maintenance.
2. Handle all necessary engineering correspondence as requested.
3. Maintain all engineering files, both as a back-up for daily filing and overall organizational system for files.
4. Interface with Purchasing Department on material requisitions and expediting of special materials. Place technical calls requesting information for engineers when requested.
5. Interface with all internal departments for the engineering department as needed.
6. Develop, control, and maintain all master catalogs and our part number system, including changes, additions, drawings, and distribution of same as necessary.
8. Handle all engineering change notices, copies and distribution of copies to appropriate personnel. This includes directly making bill of material, print & component level changes under the guidance of the Design Engineer when required.
9. Perform any other duties requested by the Engineering Manager or Engineering Assistant to ensure the efficient operation of the Company.
10. Critically review tasks performed for an understanding of what the task involves, a questioning of its necessity, and make any recommendations as to how it may be improved, made easier, or possibly eliminated.
1. Knowledge of Job
a. Understanding of the Engineering and Administrative procedures.
b. Knowledge of the product, production print, and production procedures.
c. Knowledge and understanding of Company policy and procedures.
2. Execution of Responsibilities
a. Neatness, accuracy, and timeliness of all work performed.
b. Ability to handle sales reps and customer inquiries and requests.
c. Ability to communicate with customers, engineering staff, sales staff, and other internal departmental staff.
d. Ability to obtain and maintain the confidence and respect of those with whom you interact.
e. Ability to organize and prioritize various job responsibilities.
a. Cooperation with all management personnel.
b. Ability to maintain a positive attitude with engineering and in all interdepartmental relationships.
c. Willingness to maintain a positive attitude about Grand Transformers, Inc.
d. Willingness to improve, learn and accept additional responsibilities.
e. Degree of effort put forth for the Company
Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
Appropriate education, training and/or experience as determined by the Engineering Manager.
OTHER TRAINING RECOMMENDATIONS:
Basics ISO 9001
Please Submit Your Resume